AAS Announces New Winners
All-America Selections presents eight new AAS winners.
Each of the following varieties was trialed in North America by professional, independent, volunteer judges who grew them next to comparisons that are considered best-in-class.
This new group of AAS winners for 2017/2018 includes:
- Bean, Pole Seychelles (National) — Bakker Brothers/Pure Line Seeds, Inc.
- Pepper Aji Rico F1 (National) — PanAmerican Seed
- Pepper Chili Pie F1 (National) — Clover Seed Co.
- Pepper Sweetie Pie F1 (Regional-Heartland, Northeast, Southeast) — Clover Seed Co.
- Petunia Evening Scentsation F1 (Regional-Heartland, Greatlakes, West/Northwest) — Takii & Co.
- Squash Sugaretti F1 (Regional-Southeast) — Seeds By Design
- Tomato Midnight Snack F1 (National) — PanAmerican Seed (pictured above)
- Watermelon Gold in Gold F1 (National) — Asia Seed Co.
Retailers and consumers will find these AAS winners for sale as supply becomes available through the distribution chain. Garden communicators are free to begin writing about these varieties now. Each AAS winner will be marketed through an extensive social media and public relations campaign.
For more information on these plants, visit www.all-americaselections.org.