Oregon Nurseries Adds to Hall of Fame
The Oregon Nurseries Hall of Fame will welcome four individuals and one couple to its ranks at a special Hall of Fame installation banquet. The event will take place Feb. 22, at the Holiday Inn in Wilsonville.
The Oregon Nurseries Hall of Fame was established in 1991 by the Oregon Association of Nurseries. Its purpose is to recognize those individuals instrumental in the development of the Oregon nursery industry, who have brought credit and recognition to the industry, or who have had a profound historical impact on the industry.
New members this year are:
- Jack Bigej, owner of Al’s Garden Center
- Dick Joyce, owner of Joyce Farms
- Ray Klupenger, owner of Klupenger Nursery
- Bruce Usrey, CEO of Monrovia Nursery Company
- Glenn and Viola Walters, founders of Glenn Walters Nursery
Some 39 members of the Oregon nursery industry were previously enshrined, with the most recent (Jim and Shirley Heater and Clint Smith) coming in 2006. The complete list can be viewed at www.oan.org/?page=123.