Shinoda Foundation Awards Scholarships
The Shinoda Foundation recognized horticulture’s top students with six scholarships plus grants to colleges and universities totaling nearly $19,000.
Students from horticulture programs across the nation can apply for the scholarships, with awards bestowed based on reviewed criteria including academics, work experience, career goals, extracurricular activities and need.
The 2016-17 Shinoda Foundation Scholarship winners include:
- Lauren Behrmann, senior, Texas Tech University, $1,200
- Erin Hsu, junior, University of California, Davis, $3,500
- Mary Lewis, senior, University of Georgia, $1,200
- Jaclyn Nelson, junior, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, $2,500
- Gage Willey, junior, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, $2,500
In addition, Gage Willey received the California Floral Council Scholarship, eligible only to applicants residing in California, in the amount of $1,000.
Since 1965, The Shinoda Foundation has awarded more than $826,250 in scholarships to 673 students.