Milwaukee to Host Garden Center Show
The Garden Center Show for independent garden center (IGC) operators and suppliers is scheduled to take place Aug. 9-11 at the Wisconsin Center in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The show comprises an exhibit hall, keynote sessions and several networking opportunities. Event highlights include:
Garden Center Tour
Pre-registered attendees can begin their day Aug. 8 with a garden center store tour. The tour intends to put on display fresh new ideas and best practices from a cross-section of the Milwaukee area’s leading garden centers. In addition to learning about what other IGCs are doing, tour attendees will have time to network and exchange ideas with fellow garden center professionals. Lunch is included.
The tour will stop at:
- Bayside Garden Center
- Caan Floral & Greenhouses
- Ebert’s Greenhouse Village
- Johnson’s Gardens
- Minor’s Garden Center
Industry experts will present 17 education sessions, offering collaborative, tried-and-tested solutions to improve your store’s bottom line. Sessions include:
- Dealing With Tough Customers: How to Turn Them Into Loyal Clients.
- Embracing Change Begins With a Story.
- Creating Effective Social Media That Doesn’t Drive You Nuts.
- Experiential Merchandising: Increase Profits by Creating Stronger Visual Experiences.
- Curb Appeal: Are You Getting the Most out of This Valuable Front-of-House Real Estate?
- Lighting, Color, Signage — Critical Elements to Creating an Effective Shopping Experience. Are You Doing Them Right?
- Meeting the Needs of Today’s Garden Center Customers.
The event will include the Lawn & Garden Retailer Networking Lounge, a place to relax, get a drink from the bar, have a snack, and take a moment. Editors from L&GR will be in the lounge throughout each day, engaging with participants, seeking your insights about the industry, and just getting to know you better.
In addition, after the trade show floor closes Wednesday, Aug. 10, at 5 p.m, a networking reception will take place from 6-7 p.m., offering attendees a chance to mix and mingle.
On Monday, Aug. 8, pre-registered attendees can take Bob Negen’s half-day boot camp, “How to Run a Business That Doesn’t Run You!” Beginning at 1 p.m., the session intends to help garden center management get control of their business and their life with a fun and lively session.
Registration and updates can be found at www.gardencentershow.com.