Application Deadline for ’22 GPN/Prospiant Intern of the Year Scholarship is Oct. 15
Do you know any undergraduate students that participated in a horticulture industry internship program in 2021? If you do, we want to hear from him or her for the 2022 GPN/Prospiant (formerly Nexus) Intern of the Year Scholarship.
This is the 23rd year that we have awarded the Intern
- A check for $3,000;
- Being featured in an article and on the cover of the January 2022 issue of GPN;
- Receiving travel and hotel expenses to Cultivate’22 in Columbus, Ohio, next July as well as a full Cultivate’22 registration (compliments of AmericanHort).
To be considered for the scholarship, the student must:
- Be enrolled in a four-year accredited university during 2020-2021 and 2021-2022;
- Be working on an undergraduate degree in horticulture/floriculture; and
- Have completed a greenhouse-related internship in 2021.
To apply for the GPN/Prospiant Intern of the Year Scholarship, the student needs to:
- Write a cover letter requesting consideration for the scholarship and state what university he/she attends;
- Secure a letter of recommendation on university letterhead from the applicant’s academic advisor; and
- Write a minimum 1,000-word essay describing the internship experience including where the applicant interned, what his/her responsibilities were and what was learned during the internship.
All application materials should be sent to [email protected].
The deadline to apply is Oct. 15, 2021.