Dramm Holds Ribbon Cutting at New Facility
On Dec. 16, The Dramm Corp. held a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of its new corporate headquarters and production facility. Many friends and local community members including Mayor Justin Nickels gathered to celebrate.
“We’re appreciative to everyone for the huge group effort that it was,” said Heidi Dramm Becker.
The new, 98,000-square-foot building, located in the Manitowoc Industrial Park, increases Dramm’s warehouse and office space, with the ability to expand in the future.
The family-owned and operated business now has 107 employees.
The new facility has the following features:
• Building frame materials contain up to 74% recycled contents, and the building itself can be completely disassembled and recycled.
• Carpeting with zero carbon footprint, made from recycled fibers and can be recycled when worn.
• 6 electric vehicle charging stations.
• 26 solar panels, saving 90% of Dramm’s annual energy needs.
• The orientation of the building itself allows for natural light and little need for electric lighting during the day hours.
• Dramm plans to keep the natural wildflower and pollinator plants growing by the pond.
• Construction on a 2,400-square-foot research greenhouse will being in spring 2023.
For more information, visit www.dramm.com.