Farwest Show Releases 2022 Conference Lineup
The 2022 Farwest Show conference lineup in Portland is now available, with seminars for every kind of green industry professional.
“Farwest brings green industry professionals together,” said Heather Cyrus, events and education manager for the Oregon Association of Nurseries (OAN), which produces Farwest. “Our seminar lineup is designed to spark new ideas, garner tips to take back to your team, and inspire new, creative ways of running your business. Whether you want to learn how to be more efficient, attract the best employees, market your product, or grow the very best trees, flowers and shrubs, there will be a seminar for everyone.”
The Farwest conference lineup includes:
- Anne Obarski, founder and CEO of Merchandise Concepts, presenting sessions on improving your workplace culture, creating an astonishing customer experience in your garden center, and merchandising your sales floor for maximum impact;
- Alison Kutz, biocontrol advisor and owner at Sound Horticulture, presenting two sessions on beneficial insects;
- Josef Racsko, technology manager at Mycorrhizal Applications LLC, presenting on plant growth regulators,
- Danny Summers, managing director of The Garden Center Group, presenting on the future of retail;
- Nancy Buley, communications director at J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co., presenting on the development and breeding of climate-resistant urban trees;
- Ann Chase, cofounder of Chase Agricultural Consulting, giving updates on plant disease control products; and
- Timothy Howard, president and founder of Clarity Connect Inc., presenting on putting your company’s best foot forward on the web, as well as how to reinvest in your business to improve its future performance.
The show and conference will also include keynote by Greg Bell at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 24, which will be free to all registered Farwest participants. He will inspire attendees and their companies to unleash their potential by adopting a high-performance mindset, and focusing their attention on their core values and the things that matter most.
Following Bell’s keynote presentation, the trade show floor will open from noon–5 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 24. It will be open from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 25 and 10 a.m.–2 p.m. on Friday, August 26. Conference seminars will run all three days starting at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, and the Farwest nursery tours will happen Tuesday, Aug. 23.
Registration for the show and conference is live at www.farwestshow.com/register. The organizations offering professional credit for the various sessions include the Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD), the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), the Oregon Landscape Contractors Board (OLCB), the Idaho Department of Agriculture (IDA), the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA), the Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA), and the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (CDPR).
Complete details on events, daily schedules, speakers, and education for Farwest are posted at www.FarwestShow.com. For further questions, contact: Allan Niemi, Director of Events, at 503-582-2005 and [email protected].