GCA Summer Tour Registration Opens
This year’s GCA Summer Tour, June 21-24, features five or more stops each day, from large destination garden centers to small, niche-oriented stores, setting the stage for an amazing tour.
Drawing from German and Polish roots, richly-steeped in the heritage of these people who have a love of gardening, southeastern Wisconsin boasts a thriving IGC community. The city and surrounding suburbs have a genuine passion for celebrating the warmth and beauty of the spring and summer months – and the stores featured on this tour are masterful in giving their customers that step up in inspiration. The GCA tour will wind its way from the once industrial city through the rolling green hills of the suburbs, a natural setting for any IGC store.
You’ll enjoy plenty of time to network with peers, including opportunities to compare notes over dinner each night. On-board discussions led by tour guides on the buses will examine the relevance of each stop to the industry. The evenings will provide plenty of time to take advantage of the area’s many dining and entertainment opportunities, including the Milwaukee RiverWalk, a 2-mile excursion that winds along the river with access to some of the city’s best restaurants, brewpubs, shops and waterfront nightlife. The walk is also home to an outdoor art gallery, RiverSculpture, spotlighting permanent pieces and temporary installations.
DAY 1: MONDAY, JUNE 22
- Prospect Hill Garden Center, New Berlin, WI
- K&W Greenery, Janesville, WI
- Borzynski’s Farm & Floral Market, Sturtevant, WI
- Milaeger’s, Racine, WI
- Stein Gardens & Gifts, Milwaukee
- Boerner Botanical Gardens, Hales Corners, WI
DAY 2: TUESDAY, JUNE 23
- Caan Floral & Greenhouses, Sheboygan, WI
- Christopher Farm & Gardens, Sheboygan, WI
- Johnson’s Gardens, Cedarburg, WI
- Stein Gardens & Gifts, Wauwatosa, WI
- The Milwaukee Domes of Mitchell Park Conservatory, Milwaukee, WI
DAY 3: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 24
- Brennan’s Market, Oconomowoc, WI
- Oconomowoc Landscape Supply & Garden Center, Oconomowoc, WI
- Ebert’s Greenhouse Village, Ixonia, WI
- Lammscapes/Lamm Gardens, Jackson, WI
- Cabela’s, Richfield, WI
- Shady Lane Greenhouses, Menomonee Falls, WI
- Harley-Davidson Museum, Milwaukee, WI
Stay On After The Tour To Experience Summerfest
The final day of our GCA Tour, begins the first day of Summerfest, The World’s Largest Music Festival, featuring over 800 acts and 1,000 performances on 11 stages across 11 days on the lakefront in Milwaukee.
For more information about each of the stops or to register, visit www.gardencentersofamerica.org.