Independent We Stand Opens Annual Online Contest
Independent We Stand has launched the fourth annual America’s Main Streets contest. The three-month-long web-driven contest helps consumers, small business owners and Main Street organizations reward a deserving Main Street with $25,000 in cash and sponsor-related prizes. Whether your local Main Street is making a comeback or never lost its staying power, Independent We Stand invites the public to help draw attention to the vital role America’s Main Streets play in the long-term success of communities by nominating and voting for their favorite Main Street.
All nominations and voting take place on MainStreetContest.com beginning at 10 a.m. EST on Feb. 25.
To help promote the contest, the Independent We Stand team heads out for the “Great American Red, White & Q” road trip starting March 4. The team will visit some of the best U.S. cities for barbeque by making stops on five iconic Main Streets in five days where they will eat, sleep and shop local as well as interview and engage with small businesses, their customers, Main Street groups and small business organizations. You can follow their journey through Asheville, North Carolina; Nashville, Tennessee.; Memphis, Tennessee; St. Louis, Missouri and Kansas City, Missouri on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Feb. 25 to April 21: “America’s Main Streets” nominations and quarter-finalist voting
- March 4-8: “Great American Red, White & Q” road trip
- April 29 to May 26: “America’s Main Streets” semifinalist voting
- June 3: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
- July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” event; “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
- STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- Free One Day Downtown Assessment from Flip This Town
- Nationwide Marketing Group $500 shopping spree
- PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- A special plaque for the winner to proudly display