National Hardware Show Adds New Categories, Experiences
The National Hardware Show (NHS) has announced several new additions to the 2019 show. Taking place May 7-9, 2019, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, the 2019 show will feature a variety of new sections and categories, additional interactive experiences, enhanced programs and more.
With more than 2,500 exhibitors at NHS, there is no shortage of must-see companies and products to explore. Below is just a sampling of the new sections and categories that await NHS attendees in May.
- Tiny Living @ NHS: Designed specifically for professionals in the small living, modular and manufactured housing industries, Tiny Living @ NHS will allow attendees to discover companies that specialize in products and services for this growing segment of the industry. Those companies — which will be situated within the current NHS Show Floor product categories — will focus on tiny living needs and trends. In addition to new brands on the NHS Show Floor, Tiny Living @ NHS will feature two days of conference programming to help further educate industry professionals on this emerging space. The Small Build & Construction Technology Conference will boast a mixture of interactive panels covering topics such as flat-pack and kit homes, 3-D printed housing, hempcrete housing, generative design, developing tiny house communities, the growing modular movement and more. Key speakers include Tim Costello, CEO of BDX Inc.; James Casper, founder and CEO of Baya Build Inc.; Jeff Sample, Contech Crew podcast co-host, JBKnowledge; K. Gabrielle Rapport, founder & executive director at Operation Tiny Home; as well as Zack Giffin and John Weisbarth, co-hosts of Tiny House Nation on A&E.
- Impulse Aisle: This newly designated Show Floor area will shine a spotlight on those products that aim to meet customers’ needs as they head to the checkout line. The products showcased in Impulse Aisle will range from novelty items that are both eye-catching and tempting, to items that consumers might have neglected or forgot to grab before completing their purchase.
- Retail Service Solutions: The Retail Service Solutions area is the perfect place to find products that allow store owners to take their operation to the next level by creating unique and visual merchandising, managing and improving the functionality of their retail stores, and creating a great buying experience for their customers.
- Show Steals & Deals: This year, attendees will be able to access exclusive deals and show specials through the NHS Mobile App, both pre-show and onsite. In the NHS Mobile App, attendees can swipe through a gallery of offers and pick the ones that are of most interest. Once an offer is selected, attendees simply enter an email address to receive their selections with instructions on how to redeem (e.g. visit a booth, go to a website, follow on social media, etc.).
In addition, NHS will feature experiences and destinations on the show floor that will make it easy for attendees to experience the new products being showcased firsthand.
- Interactive Smart Home: The brand-new Interactive Smart Home at NHS will give attendees a chance to gain hands-on experience with some of the most-talked about products in the Smart Home category. As they walk through the structured house, attendees will learn more about the featured products through dedicated visuals and demonstrations, creating a realistic and interactive experience in the environment the products were designed for.
- The Backyard Marketplace: Located in the Tailgate, Backyard & BBQ section of the Show Floor, the Backyard Marketplace will be a must-see destination to relax and reenergize, while celebrating favorite and beloved outdoor living brands. This area will be equipped with shade, a hydration station, food, music, entertainment and featured brands with products that are leaders and trending in the outdoor lifestyle category.
Finally, to enhance the planning experience for attendees, NHS is also adding to its recommendations program for 2019. For buyers and retailers, not only will NHS offer exhibitor recommendations based on the information that those attendees submit during the registration process, but this year, NHS will also provide product recommendations as well! This amplified recommendations program will allow attendees to easily personalize their onsite experience before they even touch down in Las Vegas!
Registration for the 2019 Show is now open at www.nationalhardwareshow.com.