New Virtual Consumer Garden Festival Begins March 19
The Great Grow Along is a new, three-day online event taking place March 19-21 designed to connect with the 16 million new gardeners in 2020 and ensure they become lifelong gardeners. Lifestyle tastemakers, plant gurus, and cutting-edge designers will offer engaging and accessible garden content to help inexperienced gardeners be successful and fall in love with the hobby.
“We have a historic opportunity to lift the entire industry by cementing millions of new gardeners into the hobby,” said LaManda Joy, founder of City Grange in Chicago and the brains behind the new show. “Our Great Grow Along vision centers on education. For their future — and ours — we seek to empower new gardeners by honing their skills.”
The Great Grow Along offers more than 30 sessions with a variety of speakers for less than $30 per ticket. Top speakers include author and interior stylist Hilton Carter, ‘Farmer Nick’ Cutsumpas, David Mizijewski of the National Wildlife Federation, author and foodscaping expert Brie Arthur, and more.
Experts from organizations such as The Davey Tree Expert Co., Bonide, Bushel and Berry, Power Planter, Timber Press, Cool Springs Press, Bloomscape, American Meadows and more will participate as well.
Six tracks will be offered over the three days, including:
- Edible Gardening: Edibles, seed starting, fruit, veggies, and more
- Urban Gardening: Building raised beds, small space fruit, and all your small space gardening needs
- Pollinators & Plants: Understanding natives, pollinators, plant selection, and more
- DIY Landscaping: Tree care basics, think like a landscape designer, container design, and more
- Houseplants: Fundamentals, light, propagation, pet-safe plants, and more
- Dig Deeper: Organics, soil testing, compost, xeriscaping, permaculture, chickens, and more
“Our partners and non-profit champions are in this together to advance their missions, spread the word about the Great Grow Along, and engage our attendees in their exciting work,” Joy said.
The Great Grow Along seeks corporate and non-profit partner sponsors for its 2021 debut. Contact Katie Dubow [email protected] or visit www.greatgrowalong.com for more information or to become a partner.