Nominations Open for 2018 Best Birding Retailer of the Year Awards
Nominations are being accepted for Best Birding Retailer of the Year Awards and will be announced at this year’s Wild Bird Expo, held in Mexico, Missouri on Oct. 2-4.
Nominations may be submitted by birding business industry leaders and fellow birding retailers. Self-nominations are also welcome and encouraged. Candidates will be submitted to the Award Selection Team for review and selection, based on several criteria including the following:
- All nominees must demonstrate conscientious effort in advancing the birding hobby and industry and directly support bird sanctuaries, wildlife refuges, conservation and wetlands projects, bird rescue and rehabilitation efforts, and/or bird-specific educational associations.
- Candidates may range from backyard nature, bird stores, garden centers to farm and home stores and/or hardware stores.
- Factors evaluated includes: sales volume (total and per/sq. ft.), growth history and advancement of new trends, best practice systems, product selection offered, merchandising, advertising, customer communication and education (websites, social media, etc.), and overall impact within their community and beyond.
- Best Large Store with a Birding Emphasis (Over 1,800 Sq. Feet)
- Best Small Store with a Birding Emphasis (Less than 1,800 Sq. Feet)
- Best Birding Department in a Multi-Line Store
- Best Birding Department as a funding source for a Non-Profit Organization
- Best New Birding Store or Department (24 months or less)
The Wild Bird Expo is co-sponsored and hosted by Gold Crest Distributing in Mexico, Missouri.
For more information about the Best Birding Retailer Awards contact [email protected]