OFA Grow & Sell for Profit Conference Going on Location
The OFA Grow & Sell for Profit Conference is going on location on Thursday, November 8 to Metrolina Greenhouses in Huntersville, North Carolina the largest single-site heated greenhouse in the United States with 162 acres under roof. Growers and retailers will take part in a tour of Metrolina Greenhouses, where they will see in action one of the most automated greenhouses in the country. In addition to a tour of Metrolina, the growers and retailers will get practical classroom, demonstration, and workshop learning opportunities covering a range of production and retailing topics.
What’s in It for Growers?
Growers will attend learning labs in the morning, followed by the tour with demonstrations in the afternoon. Learning labs include :
- – The Value of Shade & Effective Shading Systems for “Big & Small”
- – Integrated Crop Management Programs with Conventional and Biological Controls
- – Effective Biocontrol Strategies and Agents for Managing Top Insect Issues
- – Effective Biocontrol Strategies and Agents for Managing Top Disease Issues
What’s in It for Retailers?
Retailers will spend the morning touring Metrolina and seeing demonstrations, and will spend the afternoon in learning labs which include :
- – You Can Increase Revenue by 10 Percent
- – Garden Center Signage: From Roadside to Pot Labels
- – Cross Merchandising
- – Connecting Printed Products & Digital Media
Employing 825 people during peak season, and shipping up to 150 trailer loads of product per day, Metrolina Greenhouses is sure to impress even the most seasoned veterans.
Registration is only $50; $20 for students. Full event details can be found at www.ofa.org/gsp.