PPA Schedules Fall Virtual Symposium
The Perennial Plant Association has announced that the Canadian and U.S. Great Lakes Regional Symposia have joined forces to present a Fall Virtual Symposium on Oct. 15 — Perennial Professionals at Work and Play: Canada and U.S. Great Lakes Edition. This symposium has been developed in partnership with Landscape Ontario, Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, and Royal Botanic Gardens.
Six industry-leading professionals, all located in the Canadian and U.S. Great Lakes area, will explore popular current topics in perennial professionals’ careers and then dive in for a more personal connection when they share favorite aspects of their private home and work gardens. Attendees can participate in chats, polls, and ask questions throughout the event to stay engaged. In addition, each presenter will provide a top 10 perennials plant list.
The speakers are:
- Jon Peter – Curator and Manager of Plant Records, Royal Botanical Gardens
- Todd Boland – Research Horticulturist, Memorial University of Newfoundland Botanical Gardens
- Stacey Hirvela – Marketing Manager, Spring Meadow Nursery
- Scott Beuerlein – Botanical Garden Outreach Manager, Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
- Rodger Tschanz – Trial Garden Manager, University of Guelph
- Elliott Duemler – Native Perennials Manager, Taylor Creek Restoration Nurseries
The Fall Virtual Symposium will take place online on Friday, Oct. 15 from 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EDT. Registration for this event is now open at https://perennialplant.org/page/GreatLakesRegional. Reduced rates are available for members of PPA, Landscape Ontario, Cincinnati Zoo, and Royal Botanical Gardens.