Retailers’ Choice Awards Given at Farwest Show
Recipients of the Farwest Retailers’ Choice Awards Winners have been announced. The 2019 Farwest Show took place August 21-23 in Portland, Oregon.
The winners are:
- Ball Seed Co.: Petunia ‘Dark Saturn’
- Ball Seed Co.: Nepeta ‘Blue Prelude’
- Bizon Nursery Co.: North Light Dawn Redwood
- Bountiful Farms: Ginko ‘Mariken’
- Casa Flora Inc.: Cretan Break cretica Albolineata
- Garden Like A Girl Apparel/Gloves Marketing
- Little Prince of Oregon Nursery: Pilea ‘Variegata’
- McHutchison: Hollywood Hibiscus ‘Rico Suave’ (J Berry Nursery)
- NurserySource LLC Rediroot Breathe
- Proven Winners: Caladium ‘Heart to Heart’ Series
- Star Roses & Plants: Cercis ‘Flamethrower’
- Van Belle Nursery: ‘Strobe’ Weigela
- Walla Walla Nursery: Colorblaze ‘Wicked Witch’ Coleus
- Walla Walla Nursery: Sedum ‘Atlantis’
- Youngblood Nursery Inc.: Daphne ‘Lawrence Crocker’
Representatives of The Garden Center Group searched the show floor for the top new innovative plants, hard goods, products, and services, and recognized those that can make a positive impact on operations and bottom-line performance for independent garden centers.
The Retailers’ Choice Awards takes place at major trade shows around the country each year.
The awards were led by Danny Summers of The Garden Center Group and Christina Salwitz, regular L&GR contributor and owner of The Personal Garden Coach. For more information, visit www.thegardencentergroup.com.