SAF Elects New Council Leaders
Members of the Society of American Florists (SAF) have elected nine members to positions on its Retailers, Wholesalers and Growers Councils.
New council members begin their terms at the close of SAF Maui 2016, the association’s 132nd Annual Convention, Sept. 21-24, at the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua in Maui. Their first meetings will be in March 2017. One thrust of the twice-yearly segment council meetings is to discuss trends and challenges and make recommendations for how SAF can develop programs and services to meet the needs of its members.
Each segment council member is appointed to one of SAF’s joint councils – Government Relations, Consumer or Member Services — which also meet twice-yearly immediately following the segment council meeting to provide more specific direction in their respective areas.
The newly-elected SAF Council members are as follows:
- Kate Delaney, Matlack Florist, Inc., West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Cheryl Denham, Arizona Family Florist, Phoenix, Arizona
- Jeremy Lohman, Scott’s House of Flowers Inc., Lawton Oklahoma
- David Armellini, Armellini Express Lines, Palm City, Florida
- Joost Bongaerts, Florabundance Inc., Carpinteria, California
- Tom Figueroa, Nordlie Inc., Warren, Michigan
- Scott Isensee, Frank Adams Wholesale Florist, Portland, Oregon
- Tom Wheeler, Bell Nursery, Elkridge, Maryland
- Mark Wilson, Syngenta Flowers, Gilroy, California
For a list of council members continuing their terms, visit the Society of American Florists website.
Results of the SAF board elections, which take place during the annual convention and via absentee ballot, will be announced on Sept. 24 at the association’s Keynote Breakfast and Business Session during SAF Maui 2016.