Seed Your Future Adds to Leadership Cabinet
Seed Your Future has appointed six new members to the National Leadership Cabinet. This brings the number of leadership members to 16.
- Michelle Castellano Keeler, Vice President of Mellano &Co.
- Abel Guzman, Executive Director of College Pathways at The Wonderful Co.
- Dr. Ronda Hamm, Global Academic Relations Leader for Corteva Agriscience
- Kerry Meyer, Program Director for Proven Winners
- Kate Penn, CEO of Society of American Florists
- Mark Schermer, Head of Flowers at Syngenta Flowers
Each has years of experience uplifting the array of professions in horticulture and floriculture. Seed Your Future will reach more students and young adults with their support and direction.
“We are excited to find more ways to connect job seekers with industry job openings in all disciplines of the supply chain,” said Jazmin Albarran, executive director of Seed Your Future.
Seed Your Future joined forces with the Society of American Florists in 2021 to promote increased awareness of horticulture and floriculture and inspire more people to pursue careers working with flowers and plants.
In addition to its ongoing programs to inspire people to pursue careers working with plants and flowers, Seed Your Future has several new initiatives planned for 2022:
- Adding a job board aggregator that will connect job seekers interested in plant careers with your job openings.
- Conducting an industry salary survey so job seekers understand the wage ranges across industry sectors and positions.
- Partnering with colleges and universities to inform high school and middle school teachers about career exploration and education opportunities in green industry sectors.
- Hosting the fifth year of the Plant Mash-up contest for middle schoolers across the country. The contest gives students the opportunity to see themselves as problem solvers, learn they can impact their community, and have fun with plants and flowers.
For more information, visit www.seedyourfuture.org.