The National Hardware Show Announces NHRA Conference Lineup
This May, join retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers at the North American Retail Hardware Association (NRHA) All-Industry Conference at the National Hardware Show (NHS) as members from each segment of the channel discuss proactive measures to stay ahead and continue innovating. The NRHA All-Industry Conference is a series of educational seminars, networking opportunities and awards programs that will be held in conjunction with the National Hardware Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas from Tuesday, May 7 through Thursday, May 9. The Conference will take place in the NRHA Village, located in the lobby of the convention center outside of Central Hall.
Sessions and Speakers
The home improvement industry is transforming. As supply chains become more complex, the demand for efficiency and speed is enhanced. Consumers want high-quality products more quickly, but they are willing to do more online research before making a purchase. In addition, as the interactions between retailers, manufacturers and wholesalers change, the line between in store and online blurs more. The NRHA All-Industry Conference is prepared to help independent retailers grow through this evolution with a variety of educational seminars presented by retailer, distributor and manufacturer representatives, as well as a representative from Google. Some key sessions and speakers that will take place during the conference include:
- KEYNOTE: Unlocking True Value – Presenter: John Hartmann, President and CEO, True Value Co.
- Facing Forward: How a Hardware Retailer Caught Facebook’s Eye – Presenters: Tasha Hilderman, Vice President of Human Resources & Marketing and Sarah Rurka, Vice President of Marketing, Home Hardware Building Centre—Lloydminster
- Communicating with the Changing Consumer – Presenter: Jim Robisch, The Farnsworth Group
- Making E-Commerce a Reality – Presenter: Matt Woods, President and CEO of Woods Hardware
- Leaders Who Coach Win: Developing Inspired, Motivated Employees – Presenter: Mike Moore, co-author of “Build Trust” and a leadership, sales and peak performance coach
- The Steps to Increase Your Digital Footprint – A panel discussion featuring representatives from three retailers and Google; moderated by Matt Dockrell, Director of Partnerships, Pointy
- KEYNOTE: A Changing Approach to Retail – Presenter: Phillip Helms, regional vice president, Central Network Retail Group (CNRG)
- Increasing the Productivity and Profitability of Your Retail Space – Presenter: Gary Petz, co-founder of the Discovery Retail Group
In addition to the educational seminars, the Conference also offers opportunities to recognize the best of the best in the industry through NRHA’s awards programs.
- NRHA’s Top Guns Awards: Each year, NRHA honors some of the industry’s top performers. Find out how these retailers are innovating in their businesses, giving back to their communities and pushing the industry forward to continually rise to the top.
- Retailers’ Choice Awards: This program honors products on the rise, giving attendees a glimpse at the latest items to enhance their inventories.
During the Conference, there is an opportunity at every turn to meet someone with a new perspective. Whether attending for new products, new connections or new ideas, the NRHA All-Industry Conference is a great place to meet people who are from the same industry but who work with another wholesaler or serve a different market. It is an invaluable part of attending the conference.
To learn more about the NRHA All-Industry Conference or to view a complete speaker schedule, visit nrha.org/events/nrha-all-industry-conference/.