Nominations Open for Best Birding Retailer of the Year Awards
Nominations are being accepted for the third annual Best Birding Retailer of the Year Awards, which are scheduled to be conferred at this year’s Wild Bird Expo in Mexico, Missouri, on Oct. 3-5.
Nominations may be submitted by birding business industry leaders and fellow birding retailers, in addition to those from the candidate search committee. Other nominators will include birding industry vendors and organizations such as WBFI. Self-nominations are encouraged.
Candidates will be submitted to the Award Selection Team for review and selection, based on several criteria including the following:
- All nominees must demonstrate conscientious effort in advancing the birding hobby and industry and directly support bird sanctuaries, wildlife refuges, conservation and wetlands projects, bird rescue and rehabilitation efforts, and/or bird-specific educational associations.
- Candidates may range from backyard nature, bird stores, garden centers to farm and home stores and/or hardware stores.
- Factors evaluated includes: sales volume (total and per sq. ft.), growth history and advancement of new trends, best practice systems, product selection offered, merchandising, advertising, customer communication and education (websites, social media, etc.), and overall impact within their community and beyond.
- Best Large Store with a Birding Emphasis (Over 1,800 square feet)
- Best Small Store with a Birding Emphasis (Less than 1,800 square feet)
- Best Birding Department in a Multi-Line Store
- Best Birding Department as a funding source for a Non-Profit Organization
To apply, visit the nomination form.