GCA Heads To Chicago
The Garden Centers of America (GCA) 2OO6 Holiday Tour is taking shape within a community that is renowned for its greening efforts: Chicago, Ill. Attendees will see many examples of Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley’s attention to urban greening and the city’s extensive use of flowers and plants during the holiday season, not to mention an impressive lineup of garden centers.
The event will take place Nov. 13-16, 2006. Attendees will be visiting the following places:
- K&W GreeneryJanesville, Wis.
- Village GreenRockford, Ill.
- True Value Distribution CenterHarvard, Ill.
- Platt Hill NurseryCarpentersville, Ill.
- Atrium Garden Center Lake Zurich, Ill.
- Pesche’s FlowersDes Plaines, Ill.
- Schaeffer’s Garden CenterMontgomery, Ill.
- Wannemaker’sDowners Grove, Ill.
- Sid’s GreenhousesPalos Hills, Ill.
- Alsip Home & Garden ShowplaceFrankfort, Ill.
- Millaeger’s Home & Garden ShowplaceRacine, Wis.
- Pasquesi Home and GardensLake Bluff, Ill.
- Chalet NurserySkokie, Ill.
- Gethsemane Garden CenterChicago Ill.
- Garfield Park ConservatoryChicago, Ill.
In addition to all of the garden center visits, Doug Hoerr, designer for the citywide greening project and Ball Horticultural Company’s Anniversary Garden, will be the guest speaker on Thursday night at the Garfield Park Conservatory.
This is the holiday season and rooms will fill up fast, so book early to make sure you get your room at GCA’s Holiday Tour rate of $135 a night. The rate will go up after Oct. 11, 2006. The phone number for the hotel is (773) 380-9600.
To register for the 2006 Holiday Tour, visit the GCA’s Web site at www.gardencentersofamerica.org or call (888) 648-6463.