AAS Names Nine New Award Winners
All-America Selections has announced nine new AAS Winners for the 2019 gardening season.
Each of the following new AAS Winners was trialed throughout North America by professional, independent, volunteer judges who grew them next to comparisons that are considered best-in-class. Only the top performing varieties earn the AAS Winner designation.
The new AAS Winners for the 2019 garden season are:
- Begonia ‘Viking XL Red on Chocolate’ bred by Sakata Seed Corp. — National
- Marigold ‘Big Duck Gold’ bred by Ameriseed — National
- Nasturtium ‘Baby Rose’ bred by Takii Europe — Regional (Northeast, Heartland, Mountain/Southwest)
- Petunia ‘Wave Carmine Velour’ bred by PanAmerican Seed — National
- Pepper ‘Just Sweet’ bred by Seminis Home Garden — National
- Tomato ‘Chef’s Choice Black’ bred by Seeds by Design — Regional (Southeast, Mountain/Southwest and West/Northwest)
- Tomato ‘Fire Fly’ bred by Seeds by Design — National
- Tomato ‘Red Torch’ bred by A.P. Whaley Seed — National
- Tomato ‘Sparky’ bred by A.P. Whaley Seed — Regional (Heartland)