Applications Now Being Accepted for the 2021 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year
Every fall for the past 21 years, L&GR’s sister publication GPN has teamed up with Nexus Corp. to recognize outstanding college students with the GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship.
And now they would like to find number 22!
Do you know any undergraduate students that were able to participate in an industry internship in 2020? If you do, they want to hear from him or her for the 2021 scholarship.
This year marks the 22nd anniversary of the GPN/Nexus Intern
Here is a reminder of what 2021 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year will receive:
- A check for $3,000;
- Be featured in an article and on the cover of the January 2021 issue of GPN;
- Receive travel and hotel expenses to Cultivate’21 in Columbus, Ohio, next July as well as a full Cultivate’21 registration (compliments of AmericanHort).
To be considered for the 2021 scholarship, the student must meet these requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a four-year accredited university during 2019-2020 and 2020-2021;
- Must be working on an undergraduate degree in horticulture/floriculture; and
- Have completed a greenhouse-related internship
To apply for the 2021 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship the student needs to:
- Write a cover letter requesting consideration for the scholarship and state what university he/she attends;
- Secure a letter of recommendation on university letterhead from the applicant’s academic advisor; and
- Write a minimum 1,000-word essay describing the internship experience including where the applicant interned, what his/her responsibilities were and what was learned during the internship.
All application materials should be sent to [email protected].
The deadline to apply is Oct. 16, 2020.
There are no forms to fill out.
If you or the student have any questions about the GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship, please contact Tim Hodson, editorial director, at [email protected].