IGC Show Announces Live-Discussion Topics
IGC Show officials have announced the list of topics and full schedule for Shop Talk Retail Discussions in the IGC Networking Lounge, centrally located on the IGC Show floor. Attendees will have the opportunity to jump in and share their thoughts on these retail hot-button issues with their peers in the casual live-discussion format. The interactive forum will be facilitated by Heath Watson, who just recently led GCA Summer Tour Seattle and will lead the IGC Show Store Tour on Monday, the day before the show floor opens for buying.
The following Shop Talk topics will be on tap at the IGC Show, and were requested by independent garden retailers as key areas to explore in order to make their businesses stronger and more profitable:
TUESDAY, AUG. 14
- 3 p.m. – Millennials: How to Attract Young Families & New Homeowners
- 4 p.m. – New Ways to Compete with the Nearby Box Stores
- 5 p.m. – Events & Workshops that Bring In Customers
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 15
- 11 a.m. – Using Social Media to Remain Relevant in a Changing Marketplace
- 1 p.m. – The Best Ways to Discover New Products & New Vendors
- 2 p.m. – Attracting & Keeping Qualified Employees at Your Garden Center
- 3 p.m. – Staffing Symposium: Where to Find Good Employees, Attracting & Keeping Good Help, Training & Development and more
- 4 p.m. – How to Handle the Highs & Lows of Owning/Managing a Garden Center
IGC Show’s trade show, three morning keynotes and Tuesday’s all-ages party and concert with The Marshall Tucker Band are free if you register now at www.igcshow.com/register.