Farwest Show retailer, grower tour details announced
The Farwest Show, taking place Aug. 23-25 at the Oregon Convention Center, will host two tours from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 22.
Garden Center Retail Tour
The retail tour will visit six garden centers, where tour attendees can collect ideas on merchandising, design, store layout and business leadership.
- Garden Fever!, a neighborhood nursery offering plants, tools, soil and more with an emphasis on sustainable gardening practices.
- Hughes Water Gardens, one of the region’s premier water garden centers, where visitors can learn about water plants (most will be in full majestic bloom during the tour), fountains and fish.
- Dennis’ 7 Dees Urban Plant Shop will display creative ideas on small spaces, decorative containers and plant-related gift items.
- Cornell Farms will host lunch and a tour. This fourth-generation family farm has it all, and you will get an inside peek into how they do it.
- Cistus Design Nursery will walk attendees through their remarkable retail, growing and research facilities.
- Sauvie Island Native Plants will highlight their plant propagation station, explaining how they are making bocashi and biochar to boost plant health, share how the nursery meets the needs of the 10,000-plus people enrolled in the Backyard Habitat Certification Program, and give everyone an opportunity to stroll through their 3-acre habitat restoration area.
Wholesale Grower Tour
The grower tour will be packed with innovation, ideas and shared knowledge.
- Rio Verde Plantas for a display garden tour. Smaller groups will then tour various sections of the farm with presentations from lead growers along the way, including their new integrated irrigation system that improves water quality with beneficial bacteria, aeration, filtration and oxide water treatment.
- Fisher Farms, which specializes in woody shrubs offering 700+ varieties of plants.
- Everde Growers will host lunch, a new plant presentation, a display garden tour and a nursery tour.
- Blooming Nursery, where 2,200 varieties of perennials, flowering shrubs, herbs and more are grown.
- Eshraghi Nursery’s 350 acres will host a tour and Happy Hour reception.
Click here to register.