AAS Introduces Nine New Winners
All-America Selections has made a November announcement of nine new plants that have been trialed by horticulture experts throughout North America and deemed worthy of the All-America Selections brand.
All of the following new varieties were trialed during the 2015 growing season and exhibited outstanding garden performance as noted in each of the following descriptions.
This grouping of AAS Winners for 2016 includes:
- Geranium Brocade Cherry Night (National)
- Geranium Brocade Fire (National)
- Pepper Cornito Giallo F1 (National)
- Pepper Escamillo F1 (National)
- Pumpkin Super Moon F1 (Regional: Southeast and Great Lakes)
- Salvia Summer Jewel™ Lavender (Regional: Southeast, Heartland, Great Lakes)
- Strawberry Delizz F1 (National)
- Tomato Candyland Red (National)
- Tomato Chef’s Choice Green F1 (National)
With this announcement, these varieties become available for immediate sale to the commercial market. Brokers and growers can purchase these varieties immediately. Retailers and consumers will find these winners for sale for the 2016 gardening season as supply gradually becomes available throughout the chain of distribution.
The first group of AAS Winners for 2016 was announced this past July and are also interesting additions for the consumer’s gardens and table:
- Bunching Onion Warrior (Regional Winner Southeast, Mountain/Southwest)
- Mizuna Red Kingdom F1 (National Winner)
- Radish Sweet Baby F1 (Regional Winner Southeast, Great Lakes)
For more information on all these winners, visit www.all-americaselections.org.